Okay, I went a little out and tried three different recipes this weekend instead of just one. It was rather fun and VERY delicious. My favorite was the Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu. It was from SkinnyTaste so I am sure plenty of people will recognize it.
What I loved about this recipe was how fast it was. Patrick and I were starving (translate into I was starving and Patrick was accommodating). I tossed my Parmesan Baked Mushrooms (next recipe!) into the oven first and then started the chicken. It took less than 15 minutes!
So I am just going to post the recipe here, like I did last time. The link (Skinny Taste Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu ) will take you to the actual blog site which everyone should visit! Like Eat Yourself Skinny , this website is FULL of delicious recipes with calorie counts. They also seem to break their recipes down for specific diets, which is just amazing of them. I hate having to break out the recipe calorie calculator!
Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 piece chicken • Points +: 6 • Smart Points: 5
Calories: 258 • Fat: 10 g • Saturated Fat: 3 g • Protein: 37 g • Carb: 6 g • Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 1 g • Sodium: 578 mg • Cholesterol: 109 mg
- 4 thin boneless, skinless cutlets, 4 oz each
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 thin slices low sodium deli ham, I use Boar’s Head (3 oz total)
- 4 slices light Swiss Cheese such as Alpine Lace (3 oz total)
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
* All purpose gluten-free flour works well here.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Place the flour in a shallow dish. Lightly dredge the chicken with flour on both sides, shaking off the excess reserving the flour.